We all go through times in our lives when we're feeling a little low and need a boost of inspiration.
Luckily, there are plenty of words out there to help lift us back up and give us the motivation we need to push forward.
Below, you'll find an inspiring list of 25 quotes from some of the greatest minds in history – people who experienced struggles similar to what many of us face today but still managed to learn lessons from their experiences and come out on top.
We’ve also included some amazing large coloring posters with uplifting quotes if you’re looking for a more creative approach toward inspiration.
Whether you're looking for a new perspective or just hoping for a shot of positive energy, these wise words are sure to provide just that!
Let’s dive into them!
"Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way." - Jenni Young
“Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis
I won't predict anything historic. But nothing is impossible. - Michael Phelps
5. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” ―Chinese Proverb
6. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ―Abraham Lincoln
7. “People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.” —Unknown
8. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” ―Aristotle
9. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ―Earl Nightingale
10. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” - Maya Angelou
11. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” ―Napoleon Hill
12. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.” ―Unknown
13. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” ―Confucius
14. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ―Oprah Winfrey
15. “You are living. You occupy space. You have a mass. You matter.” — Albert Einstein
16. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” ―Dalai Lama
17. “A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.” ―Unknown
18. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ―Socrates
19. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” ―Robin Williams
20. “Dream big dreams! Imagine that you have no limitations and then decide what’s right before you decide what’s possible.” —Brian Tracy
21. “What is coming is better than what is gone.” ―Unknown
22. "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you." — Walt Whitman
23. "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. "Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope." — Martin Luther King, Jr.
25. "Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world."- Harriet Tubman.
We hope the 25 inspirational quotes provided were able to help lift your spirits or at least give you some perspective on your current situation in life.
Taking time to be reflective is not a luxury, but a necessity and it can really make a difference in how your day unfolds.
As cheesy as it might sound, our inner thoughts—the things that we tell ourselves all the time—are extremely important in building resilience, strength of character and motivation to get things done.
Let these words of wisdom spur new ideas on what is possible for yourself and your life.
For an even more creative approach, make sure to grab one of those inspirational large coloring posters as well!
Lastly, remember: don’t let other people’s doubts and fears be your own. Live courageously, live happily and pursue something beautiful!